Even though electricity is extremely vital to the smooth functioning of daily life, the average person often takes it for granted until a power failure occurs. Protect the safety of your property and the people in it with the qualified services of the licensed and experienced Master Electricians at Connex Electric. Our fully qualified electrical contractors provide a range of preventative and electrical maintenance services for Mississauga residential and commercial property owners.
There are many reasons to call upon an electrical professional, but a lot of the time signs of electrical issues go unnoticed or ignored. Here are a few things the people of Mississauga should look out for:
Flickering lights or lighting that frequently dims - A sign that something is wrong with the wiring or the amount of power going to the light. This situation should not be over looked as it may mean that a wire has become damaged which can lead to a fire. You may get a slight burning smell when the light is on. If so, shut off the light and call an electrician.
Breakers that often trip or fuses that regularly malfunction - Most often this happens because you have too many appliances connected to one circuit, leading to an overload. The other possibility is that there is a short circuit where two wires that should not be in contact are touching. This leads to an overcharging and overheating of the connection and the breaker flips to prevent a fire.
Outlets that no longer work - This may be due to a flipped breaker but if all the breakers on the panel are in the right position, then there are some other factors to consider. First, try a different appliance in the outlet to check that it is the outlet and not the appliance that has an issue. Next, are there burn marks around the outlet? A burning smell? Sparks? This means that the outlet has burned out and will need to be replaced. It is best to shut off the circuit until a professional arrives to ensure the safety of your Mississauga home.
A burning smell that cannot be sourced - We have mentioned this a few times but if there is a general burning smell that just seems to hang in the air, then it is best not to take chances and call someone to inspect the wiring.
Through ongoing training and research, Connex Electric stays at the forefront of new electrical products and advanced industry techniques. Available to troubleshoot any electrical problem, our electricians provide solutions that offer safety and maximize energy savings. We work closely with home and business owners to address any electrical concern and inform them of the most up-to-date and cost effective electrical installations.
Speak with an experienced electrician today, we look forward to hearing from you!